In modern versions of Mac OS X, repairing permissions from the Disk Utility app that does not repair the user’s file permissions, but most of the time this has to be done on a per-user basis separately. If you have come across the issue where Spotlight is not finding documents or folders then it can be fixed by permission repair method. Permission Repair works in OS X Yosemite, OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion respectively. Here, you can also consult experts for Apple Mac Support and detailed information from the technical specialist.
Here, all you need to do is reboot your device to attempt the procedure, and further use the same reset password utility that you have used to change the password in OS X, instead of selecting a hidden option. It does not repair the permission settings on folders and files all the time when you use the Disk Utility app and Repair Permissions. Nevertheless, in the latest versions of OS X, you can find an alternative Repair Permissions application utility hidden away that is generally placed inside boot Repair Utilities. Below, check out the steps to access it.
- Frist of all you need to restart OS X and then hold down the “Command and R” keys.
- Now, you would get into the “Repair Utilities” screen. Click the “Utilities” item at the top in the Menu Bar and then choose “Terminal”.
- Next, type “reset password” in the Terminal window and then click “Return”.
- Here the password reset utility will get opened, but you don’t have to reset the password. In its place, you need to hit on Mac’s hard drive icon at the top. Choose the user account from the drop-down and then select the user account where you are having issues.
- At last, in the bottom of the window, you will see an area that is labeled as “Reset Home Directory Permissions”. Here you need to click the “Reset” button.
You need to then wait for few minutes after completing the procedure as the process takes a couple of minutes. Once it gets completed, you have to simply quit the programs that you have opened. Now, you need to restart your Mac. Furthermore, in case you encounter any sort of difficulty while attempting the process; feel free to call on Apple Mac Support Number +1 855-509-9700 , where you can get instant support and guidance from the well-trained and skilled technicians. The number belongs to our third-party support service and to have the detailed help from us, visit our website.